Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Feature- LeeAnn's Heavenly Scents

Today I am featuring a wonderful artisan I met in the Out Of The Box Sample Team on Etsy. She makes wonderful bath and body products. So take a look, learn about her and her products and of coarse go show her shop a little love!


How did you name your business?  I was searching for just the perfect name, my sister came up with the  idea, I loved it and so began the process of opening
 up my own business.  

How long have you been doing your art/craft for?  
I have been making soaps for the last 10 years.  I have crocheted and sewed for the last 23 years.  

What inspires and influences your work?  I am
 inspired by fragrances, smells…I love to create items
 that tantalize the senses while uplifting the spirit.  I am
 influenced by my belief that items that are created
 with love are the most meaningful.  Nothing is better 
than receiving something that was made with care and
 attention to detail.

Where can you artwork/pieces be found? 
 My creations can be found here:
  http://LeeAnnsHeavenScents.etsy.com

What do you do when your not creating? 
 When I am not crafting I can be found spending 
time with my family, going camping and taking long
 walks.  I also work a seasonal job as a Head
 Teacher for a Head Start Program.

What is your favorite piece(s) that you have created?  It is so hard to choose my favorite piece,
 but I do enjoy creating lotion bars..my recipe took
 6 months to create.  It was a process of using 
organic butters, oils and fragrances.  But in the
 end, I feel I have a winner. 

Why did you create this piece(s)?  I created lotion
 bars to help my daughter, she had eczema as a child,
 lotions just didn’t seem to work, the water and
 alcohol seemed to dry her skin out more.  I researched, experimented and finally came 
up with a product that worked!

What do you feel is special about your art/craft?  I feel handmade items that are made in small batches with attention to detail and quality are what make my items special.  I also use  organic materials as the main ingredients for most of my soaps.

Are there other forms of art and crafts you would like to learn? And why?  I would like to learn how to felt soap properly ( I am still in the beginning learning stages).  I would also love to learn how to knit and have joined a knitting group to start the process.

 Links where you can find LeeAnn and her Heavenly Scents! 
Email info:
website:
Facebook page:
blog page:

1 comment:

cristopher2k said...

Thank you Chrissy jo! I am so excited to be part of your blog. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

hugs n squishes!

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...