Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Feature- KatieDidsx3 Shattered Marble Charms Necklaces & Key Chains


How did you name your business? I decided just to 
go by my nickname Katie Dids with and
 x3 at the end for a heart.

How long have you been doing your art/craft for? 
I actually started and opened my store for this craft 
at the end of January so it hasn't been to long.


What inspires and influences your work? My style, things that can catch a girls eye.

Where can you artwork/pieces be found?

What do you do when your not creating? I like to 
watch supernatural / sci fi tv shows, I also sell my 
used clothes on ebay which I have been doing for the
 last year.

What is your favorite piece(s) that you have created?
Items in the nautical line, the charms just have really nice
detail and and color combos. Everyone loves anchors
 but my rudders with "love" marked them are my
 favorite.

Why did you create this piece(s)? I wanted to make

 a necklace with nautical colors that aren't as typical,
 green reminded me of algae and sea weed and white
 reminded me of ships paint and the bright sky. I like 
to call the rudder necklaces and key chains,
 "Nautical Love."

What do you feel is special about your art/craft? I feel like I add a little pop to the typical charm or fried marble necklace. I bring a darker edgy vibe that makes them stand out a little more for a better price especially.

Are there other forms of art and crafts you would like to learn? And why? Paper quilling looks really cool to me, I also want to work with clay and porcelain more. I have most of the supplies at my house because my Mother was a craft nut too, I just need to make time for it.


No comments:

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...