Wednesday, April 11, 2012

4 reason I use only all natural skin care products

All Natural Hemp & Cocoa ButterBody Cream
Have you ever wondered what the big deal is with using all natural products on your skin? Here are a few reasons I started making and using all natural bath & body products.

  1. I came to an understanding that my skin absorbs everything I put on it. At some point in my early twenties my mother was using "the patch" to help quit smoking. This simple chemical filled bandage(more or less) made me realize how sensitive our skin really is to what it comes in contact with. If medications and hormone(the birth control patch) can effectively be administered by contact what else is my skin coming into contact with? What is my body absorbing without me even thinking about it? What happens to all those chemicals in your body? Your body tries to filter them out effecting your liver among other things.
  2. The use of  artificial fragrance. Most of the fragrances used in lotions and body products are made of synthetic compounds derived from petroleum this includes known toxins that your skin is absorbing and are often the cause of allergic reactions.
  3. Parabens a group of chemicals often used as a preservative in body product it is listed under names like Methylparaben, Propylparaben, llsoparaben, Butylparaben. The EPA has reported that some of these parabens display estrogenic activity in some test. They are similar to estrogen and estrogen can stimulate breast cancer. This is more so dangerous since chemicals absorbed through the body can be up to 10 times more concentrated then if taken orally. 
  4. Some colorants that are commonly used are irritants, allergens and are known carcinogens. Many are derived from petroleum(there is petroleum again!), acetone and tar. Look for these on your label - colorant, D&C, FD&C,blue lake(or any of the lake), yellow # 1...  and so on.  
All Natural Body Lotions


There are so many chemicals in many of bath & body product on the shelves today that I gave up on trying to find products I could use on my sensitive skin. I started making my own ALL NATURAL products so I could feel good about what I put on my skin, my family's skin and my friends. Between synthetic fragrances, artificial colorants and preservatives it is no wonder are bodies get sick. But on a happy note more and more all natural products are on the market now, making it easy for you to make healthy choices.

All Natural Nail & Cuticle Salve
All of my Chrissy-jo's All Natural Lotions & Potion are handmade in small batches to ensure quality and freshness. They are made 100% petroleum free, no added artificial fragrances, colorants or preservatives!
I only use top quality oils, herbs, minerals, bee's wax, and essential oils. I also can make your own special lotions, creams and salves. Customized to care for your skin type, aromatherapy, or other benefits you might be looking for from all natural oils, herbs and essential oils.


4 comments:

Tisha said...

I have becoming more aware of how chemicals affect us. I had been using a bathroom cleaner and afterward feeling nauseated and having a migraine. It happened several times. I first thought it was the fumes (probably was some of the problem) so I started wearing a mask. It did not help of course because the chemicals were being absorbed through my hands. I quit using the cleaner and have had no more problems.

SibStudio said...

We have sensitive skin in my family so we are pretty careful about what we put on it. Your skin care products look wonderful!

Chrissy-jo said...

Cleaning chemicals are so bad! When I became pregnant with my first child I stopped using most commercial cleaning products. Now I make my own some of the ingredients I use are vinegar, orange oil, lemon juice and olive oil. I am glad you figured out what was happening and stopped using it!

Chrissy-jo said...

Thank you SibStudio, I appreciate that.

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...