Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Feature- thersmith



THERSMITH


Describe yourself in 3 sentences.
Black & Silver Steampunk Neclace

I love to have fun.
I strive for peace and balance in my life.
I love to create.

How did you name your business?

Ther has been a nick name I've had for very long time. I use to always say this is how it is in my world. So I went from there and tried to create something original. I use to go by thersmith just thought I would tweak it a bit.

How long have you been doing your art/craft for?

I have been doing some for m of art all my life. My mother is an Artist and my father use to build and create sculpture types of things when I was a child so I guess it's in my blood.

What inspires and influences your work?

Everything especially others in the art world. It pushes me to places and thoughts and techniques I didn't know existed.

Where can you artwork/pieces be found?

Brown Charm Bracelet



Twitter: thersmithnc






What do you do when your not creating?

Read, watch TV I'm real TV junkie, surf the internet and nap love to nap.

What is your favorite piece(s) that you have created?
Silver & Black Steampunk Necklace


Well I really wanted to get away from the glam type of stuff I was doing, it seamed not too creative ultimately. And I really wanted to move toward something unique so I started trying to blend industrial and natural mediums. Its rather difficult to blend and takes me way longer to create and come up with ideas, but it is way more satisfying in the end.

What do you feel is special about your art/craft?

Uniqueness, I really do not want to seen anything like I do anywhere else, I want it to stick out, and I want to be in my own little niche.

Are there other forms of art and crafts you would like to learn? And why?

I absolutely love wire wrap, especially the very intricate stuff, its like a puzzle to me. I look at it and cant even imagine how one comes up with the idea let alone the process. I think I find it so attractive is there has to be way more for thought in the process then I have. I start with a few items then I add the colors and shapes, but from there its a creation that I have no idea how its going to end up like. I sometimes feel like a painter and never really knowing when it's done.

2 comments:

Ther'z World'z said...

Thank you so much!
It's so cool to see my stuff here! Thanks again!

Teresa Kline said...

great interview....thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...