Monday, February 27, 2012

Mondays Maddness

Like always the weekend flew by and now I left with the chaos of a new week. Since this week I am doing collages with my girls for art (homeschool) I thought it would be nice to share a few of my collages in this post. Here is a brief definition of collage from WikipediaA collage (From the French: coller, to glue, French pronunciation: [kɔ.laːʒ]) is a work of formal art, primarily in the visual arts, made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole.
A collage may sometimes include newspaper clippingsribbons, bits of colored or hand-made papers, portions of other artwork or texts, photographs and other found objects, glued to a piece of paper or canvas. The origins of collage can be traced back hundreds of years, but this technique made a dramatic reappearance in the early 20th century as an art form of novelty.
So here they are two that I have made in the past.

This one was done in one of my journals and I wrote one of my favorite poems
down Loves Philosophy by Percy Bysshe Shelley. Like most of my person art
it holds great meaning to me and I do not normally share it publicly but it is my
blog after all, lol. It was made using acrylic paints, glitter modpog gel pens, drawings
 and image cut outs.

I think most woman can relate to this one! It is the build of emotion and
stress that happens from just living life. While some of it is leaning
towards my own issues with bipolar it also has a common theme many
of us go through at any stage of life. This one was done on canvas, I used a cool
blue because it seems to feel more emotional distant and fleeting to me, I used
water colors, magazine cut outs, rubber stamps, pen and staples.


Item spotlight from my shop

Quoth the raven "nevermore" trinket boxPre-made wood box painted black and hand stamped with a Quote from The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe and a rave on a branch. Box is finished with an acrylic sealer. The box measures 4 3/4" x 2 3/4" x 1 1/2" Great for any crow/raven or Poe fan to keep their small treasures in.

No comments:

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...