Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Feature:)- badEGGknitts

Todays feature is Angie of  badEGGknits. Her shop has some very cool sweaterless sleeves, hats, and other beautifully made knitted treasures. So come get to know her a little, visit her shop and show a little love!

How did you name your business?
I call it badEGGknits because its mostly knitting that I sell there and on my homestead my main focus is poultry. We have chickens, ducks, turkeys, and peafowl.  Right now I am upto my eyeballs in eggs.
 
How long have you been doing your art/craft for?
I have been knitting for 3 years now. I taught myself through youtube videos :) I have been a painter since I was a child, I actually went to school for that for a while. I'm learning to spin yarn currently.

What inspires and influences your work?
For knitting its usually the yarn itself. It tells me what it wants to be. 
Otherwise sometimes I see something in a store and think I could do
 that and lastly the Most common thing is I will find a pattern start to
 knit it and think of something better to change it too.

Where can you artwork/pieces be found?
And I'm on www.ravelry.com user id: kagedgoddess. I dont sell thru there but you can see All my knits there.

What do you do when your not creating?
Raise 4 kids, take care of the homestead, keep house. Run,
 I'm running in a half marathon in May, Tough Mudder in sept.  
And a few other smaller races throughout the year. 

What is your favorite piece(s) that you have created?
My fav right now is SweaterLESS sleeves.

Why did you create this piece(s)?

My arms were cold but I hate sweaters. I like t shirts

What do you feel is special about your art/craft?
 Its handmade, unique and comes from the heart.

Are there other forms of art and crafts you would like to learn? And why?
I would like to work with clay. I love it but I am pretty bad at it. I feel really grounded when I am shaping the lump of clay. Finished products look So beautiful, but they are way too expensive for my budget. :)

No comments:

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...