Monday, January 21, 2013

Plus Size Corsets

I have always loved corsets but for a plus size girl it can be hard to find one that is afford and well made.  I always thought that it would be a complex thing to sew. I didn't know how to use a pattern and I did not have any idea what all the sewing terms meant. But that was then and this is now. A while back I had a friend that I chatted with. She mentioned how hard it is to fine plus size corsets and we talked about working together to make corsets. Well even tho that was a friendship that faded with a big bang that is now in the past, she did get my wheels turning, and I am very grateful to her for doing so.

Over the years I have gained a lot of knowledge in sewing, my confidence with sewing is better, I have read and completed many projects both with patterns and some freehand and from my own invention. I am no longer intimidated by the idea of taking on a project like this.

I have spent the past month looking for corset patterns I now have 5 patterns I like and in different sizes. So Finally starting my first corset pattern. I picked the most strait forward plus size one I could find. Yesterday I had a little shopping spree at the craft store, it was fun, quite and kid-less. I picked out a pretty black and dark grey material, black cord, black grey ribbon, boning. I have the pattern and materials all cut and today I hope to get sewing.

No comments:

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...