Monday, February 4, 2013

My First Batch Of Liquid Soap

I have researched, I have invested in the materials(thankfully most of the ingredients are the same as the cold process soap I make) and today I made my first batch of liquid soap. In many ways it is very similar to making cold process soap. The biggest difference seems to be is the use of alcohols, PH buffers and diluting the soap paste. I decided to start off with a mild blend of olive oil & coconut oil. I have 3 jars of this first test batch. One with my own essential oil blend for hair(shampoo), one with lemongrass essential oil & lime essential oil(dish soap) and the last with lavender essential oil(body & hands). I am excited to see how they turn out. Unlike cold process soap where they need to cure for 4-6 weeks the liquid soap only needs to sit for 1-2 weeks. I will update when it is ready.
Pic 1 the mixing pot
Pic 2 staying to turn into the soap paste
Pic 3 in the jars

No comments:

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...