Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Feature By Helen Jewelry


byHelenJewelry

Helen O'Bannon


Describe yourself in 3 sentences.
I am an intuitive reader.
I love to design, make, and sell my jewelry.
I love my family that is made up of a husband, 2 dogs, a cat, and my sister.

How did you name your business?
I have 3 jewelry shops but the new main one is http://byHelenJewelry.etsy.com .  That became my name because I thought Jewelry by Helen was too boring and someone already had that name on Etsy.  My husband had the idea of the small “b” in by.  I had the idea for the entire name.  I like it because it describes what I sell and shows creativity.

How long have you been doing your art/craft for?
I started making and creating things to sell in 2000.  I didn’t seriously start making jewelry until 2006 when my older sister died of Small Cell Lung Cancer.  I inherited many beads and information and also a longing to do what I truly want to do.  I was having problems with depression and knew this might be a way to make myself feel better.  I told my bosses that life was too short to not do what you really want and quit my job and started making jewelry.  I really started as a result of my sister dying.  Being on Bipolar 2 meds and making jewelry helps the mood swings and depression.  I am grateful to my sister Linda.

What inspires and influences your work?
To be honest, my spirit guides inspire my work.  I get partial or complete pictures in my head of jewelry pieces.  I begin making them and listen for the beads to speak to me.  My guides tell me how to form my work.  If I try and create without this inspiration, I usually don’t like what I make. 

Another thing that inspires me is a strand or loose collection of stone beads.  I love making stone bead jewelry.  The metaphysical energy of them is great and can aide a person just by wearing the piece of jewelry.

Where can you artwork/pieces be found?
You can find my pieces at: my newest and smallest shop http://byHelenJewelry.etsy.com , http://watchesbyhelen.etsy.com
What do you do when your not creating?
I am an unconventional person…I dispatch operators for an online company…that is full time.  I do readings at: http://helenslightreadings.etsy.com and also a small online community called Planet Starz as StarzMataya.  I watch movies and love my family.  I am a triple Cancer so loving family is important.

What is your favorite piece(s) that you have created?
You can see it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/102051859/silver-braclet-quartz-crystal-amethyst It is a beautiful amethyst and quartz crystal bracelet.

Why did you create this piece(s)?
I found the quartz crystal and they were faceted!  I loved them!  Amethyst is one of my favorite stones so I thought they would look beautiful together.  The metaphysical energy of them combined is great.  A bracelet was born.

What do you feel is special about your art/craft?
The pieces themselves have a lot of love behind them.  I think people can feel the caring I put into my work.  My main goal when I sell a piece is to have my customer LOVE the piece.  I try and make the piece fit perfectly.  If they don’t like it when they get it I will take it back and refund them.  I want my customers happy and in love with their jewelry.  My customer service is great.

Are there other forms of art and crafts you would like to learn? And why?
I would love to learn metal stamping.  I don’t know if I would really have the patience to learn how to do it.  I think metal stamping is so creative and you can do so much with it.

No comments:

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...